05 November 2009

Holiday Ornaments

We're re-purposing these plastic containers that once held fruit.

First a blah...

Now a Tada!
I turned it into a Christmas ornament!

I cut around the plastic, leaving a half inch lip at the top. I glued the half-circles to make a ball and attached some string and a ribbon at the top. I used letter stickers to spell out festive words and holiday wishes.

Just a friendly warning: keep these plastic ornaments away from the electric lights because they are a fire hazard. (The photos here are for demonstration purposes only).

13 comments:

  1. Wow claire, I really like your reycling idea and tada!! Nice blog!! Thanks for dropping by! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I bet those look lovely with the lights lite behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog today Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good in many ways!!!, because you can even put some stuffing in them or paint them, and the kids wont break them (which to me, is the best part), I will be sure to try this :) thanks Claire! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right Nuit -- you can stuff them with light materials like confetti or sequins to make them more fun :) Thanks for visiting today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that this is a great idea! You could even put stickers on the inside of them!
    Great for my kittens to play with! What on earth was I thinking about to get two kittens at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Alice in Wonderland! I think your kittens are adorable! They maybe a handful but I know they bring you a lot of smiles :) Stickers inside these ornaments...wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a wonderful idea! Very imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment on my glittered silhouettes. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I just looked at past post comments. I have been looking through your blog, very cute and fun ideas. I like the repurposing you do, I try also, I mostly make decorative things for my house or my children's apartments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No problem Amber! Thanks a bunch for visiting...please stop by again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!