02 November 2009

Pear Containers

Happy Monday Everyone!
I hope you all had a fun-tastic Halloween weekend.


Let me tell you about these Asian pears I get at Costco. They are sweet, crisp, juicy and after all have been eaten, I am left with this plastic container. Instead of dumping it in the recycling bin, I'm turning them from blah to Tada!

After washing and drying the plastic container thoroughly, I use it to transport homemade cupcakes to a potluck party.

The cupcakes can be frosted beforehand or left plain if guests will be decorating their own.

I save a lot of these plastic containers so I can use another as a cover. I simply seal the edges with clear tape to keep the top on. Cool right? My cupcakes will be safe, no matter the weather outside!

When I get to the party, I can remove the cover and use this to hold all the sprinkles and decorations for the party. I might even bring a few of the bears with me!

18 comments:

  1. Oooo! I like that idea a lot! and your cupcakes are so cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sooz! Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come up with the most brilliant ideas for recycling! I love this one! Just the right size for cup-cakes, and all the trimmings too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good way of recycling there - I like it! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever idea. Transporting cupcakes is never easy and you just solved the problem. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot for your visit Curious Cat and El!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your clever blog is full of wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, that's a genius idea! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you like it Kerry Lyn! Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. eye candy! we could do that for chinese new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tom! Chinese New Year is a great occasion to bring out the cupcakes! You can use red or gold cupcake liners :) Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! I linked to your post in my Friday Favorites. ~Lanie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!