09 November 2009

Plastic Utensils

Hello there everyone! When I host a get-together I try to use real cutlery. However, I still have these plastic utensils that I've accumulated from parties of long ago, take-out and delivery meals:

Once a blah...

...now a TADA!

Even if these are mismatched, I unified the look with stripped napkins. Guests can easily pick them up at a buffet or can easily be taken along for a packed lunch or picnic.

And since we're talking about plastic utensils, let me show you a display at Anthropologie in New York City's Rockefeller Center:

A fish sculpture made of paper mache
accented with
plastic spoons & forks.


An peacock made out of paper...

...chopsticks and spoons!

Very creative don't you think?
Have a good week!

14 comments:

  1. I love the peacock! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Alice in Wonderland! The peacock's awesome, right!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness!! Im blown away by those recycled sculptures!! And I love what you did with the very ordinary plastic forks by turning them into covetable picnic wear! Fabulous idea!!

    Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting Julia! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh. anthropologie really does have the best ideas for decor, don't they??? i love your unify with pretty napkins idea. really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by Lisa, Curious Cat & Susan! :) Hope you're all enjoying your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stripped napkins!! And look at those amazing wonderful creations you shared with us! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I love the peacock...Claire the cuttlery is a great idea, I always feel so guilty to just throw it out, and I always forget to tell the restaurants not to send us cuttlery! So it's sitting in our drawer...good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that ostrich is a peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for coming over Jacqueline and Adriana! I know, I feel guilty when I use plastic utensils...sheesh.

    Anonymous, what was I thinking when I wrote "ostrich" when I meant peacock? :) I made the necessary change...thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!