04 February 2011

Please Send a Valentine


I'm thinking that many of you dismiss Valentine's Day as just an ordinary day. I'm with you on that one, I must admit. I don't expect flowers or an evening on the town. But I don't mind sending out Valentine cards. Especially if it's for a worthy cause.

As I've told you last Monday, ETSY and Citymeals-on-Wheels will share the love to elderly New Yorkers by providing hot & healthy meals, heart-warming greeting cards and friendly fellowship. This project is called:

And ETSY wants us to join in! All we need to do is to make a card (or more) and send these to the ETSY Office. You'll find all the details and FAQs here.

I've been taking advantage of my time indoors (due to the wild winter), turning blah materials into TADA! greeting cards. I just can't stop! In my mind, I imagine that an elderly lady or gentleman's day will be brightened because of something simple as a Valentine card.

Here are the new ones I made:

Using gift wrap scraps

Reusing brown paper circles that once held truffles

Look what shiny stickers & a silver pen can make!

Plain card stock + decorative puncher = TADA!

If you have some time, please make a Valentine card
{enlist the whole family, too!} and send these
to ETSY by February 9, 2011.

It will make you feel good, I promise!
Have a crafty weekend!

6 comments:

Your comments are very much appreciated!