09 August 2011

Accessory Dish


I found this ceramic dish for $1.00 at a shop in Chinatown:

It's meant to hold sauces and condiments but
I was thinking of another use for it.
It just looked a little too blah.

I used the special black pen I introduced yesterday to
draw a chevron pattern inspired by this rug:
Doesn't it look more TADA!?

I let it dry for 24 hours then baked it in a 300 degree F
(150 degree C) oven for 35 minutes. Baking makes
the pattern permanent and shouldn't wash off.

After letting it cool, here's what I used it for:

This is where I keep my hair clips organized.
TADA!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea and I love the chevron pattern! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying hello today Bri Kim! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!