27 November 2012

Landmarks in Lego

When I was little, I enjoyed playing with Lego. It's a toy that my brother and I shared. I'd make girly stuff like a little village and he would make cars, helicopters and all those things little boys are fond of. When our youngest brother came along, he inherited all the Lego we eventually outgrew. That was a lot of Lego!

I'm reuniting with one of my favorite toys. I can't help it. I've been seeing them everywhere.  

Remember the lions that stand guard at 

They're immortalized in Lego!

They're the handiwork of Nathan Sawaya, made to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the lion sculptures. The Lego versions are on display at the library's lobby.

They are 5 feet 2 1/2 inches long, half the size of the original sculptures. Aren't these impressive? From blah gray bricks, they're now TADA! works of art.

And just look at what Lego came out with:



I know adults would love assembling these as much as the kids! They make great souvenirs from a recent trip, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!