20 May 2019

Stand By Me

Around the same time last year, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle got married. And just recently, their baby boy arrived!

Like most people around the world, I watched their wedding rites on television. I love a good wedding, and one that involves royalty -- even more! I watched when Prince Charles wed Lady Diana and also when Prince William married Kate Middleton. The pomp and circumstance, the guests, the hats, the outfits, the first kiss...I adore all of that!

Even if it was a big wedding, it still felt intimate and personal. The love between Harry and Meghan was palpable. 

One of the memorable moments during their wedding was when the choir sang "Stand By Me."  Here's another version where they sang aboard an airplane. What a treat to the passengers!

What an appropriate song for matrimony!

Here are the lyrics. It was a good excuse to practice my brush calligraphy. My favorite line is "No I won't be afraid, just as long as you stand by me."

When we got married, my husband and I danced to "I'll Take Care of You" by Steven Curtis Chapman. How about you, do you have a favorite song that gets you all emotional? 

2 comments:

  1. "Stand by Me" is a great song! So many songs will get me all emotional, but one that comes to mind immediately is "Walking After Midnight" by Patsy Cline about two lovers separated (by work? war?). Sad but romantic and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!