11 May 2020

Crochet Flowers

I'm so happy you stopped by today!

Crochet is one of the crafts I'm currently learning and trying to improve on. The materials are simple to find and it's not an expensive hobby. My grandaunt used to crochet. She made doilies, runners, and bedspreads that looked like fine lace. I also have nieces who love to crochet. They make beanies, headbands, and baby blankets! 

There are many resources like You Tube and Pinterest that will teach you how. The library is also a good place to find well-written books on the subject. 

crochet, tools for crochet, blah to TADA, scissors, crochet hooks, crafts
This book by Caitlin Sainio was right up my alley because I wanted to crochet some flowers.

The book has a lot of pictures and easy to follow instructions. Here are some of my first attempts:

A four leaf clover 

Phlox 

 Oxalis

 Flax

 Jasmine


They are pretty as is but let me show you how I like to use these crochet flowers:

I sewed on a button at the center.

Then I sewed on a hair elastic at the back.

Now I've got a unique hair tie...TADA!

I sewed two different flowers on a headband.

These flowers add a personalized touch and turn plain hair accessories from blah to TADA!

How about you, do you like to crochet?

2 comments:

  1. If I still had long hair I'd make a crocheted flower hair tie. I like crocheted flowers on brooches, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!