17 May 2021

Crafts Inspired by a Floral Arrangement

Hey guys, I'm glad to see you today!

Not too long ago, a dear friend sent over this floral arrangement:

 flowers, floral arrangement, money tree, painting, interior design,flowers, floral arrangement, roses, orchids, hydrangeas, tulips, eucalyptus, how to dry flowers, watercolor painting, bookmark, dried flower arrangement, how to make flowers last, blah to TADA, crafts, handmade

I am smitten by her thoughtfulness and how this generous gesture says, "I'm here, I'm thinking of you, and I wish you well." The flowers definitely brightened my day and turned it from "blah" to TADA!"

flowers, floral arrangement, roses, orchids, hydrangeas, tulips, eucalyptus, how to dry flowers, watercolor painting, bookmark, dried flower arrangement, how to make flowers last, blah to TADA, crafts, handmade

Here is it in a different angle. I always take a photo so that I'll forever remember it. There are roses, hydrangeas, tulips, orchids, eucalyptus, and some leaves.

Of course, this floral arrangement has inspired me to make some crafts.

flowers, floral arrangement, roses, orchids, hydrangeas, tulips, eucalyptus, how to dry flowers, watercolor painting, bookmark, dried flower arrangement, how to make flowers last, blah to TADA, crafts, handmade

First, I made two paintings (these are watercolor paper remnants that I did not want to waste).  

flowers, floral arrangement, roses, orchids, hydrangeas, tulips, eucalyptus, how to dry flowers, watercolor painting, bookmark, dried flower arrangement, how to make flowers last, blah to TADA, crafts, handmade

The size is ideal to turn into a bookmark or it can also be framed. I mailed one together with a thank you card to my friend who sent the flowers. 

flowers, floral arrangement, roses, orchids, hydrangeas, tulips, eucalyptus, how to dry flowers, watercolor painting, bookmark, dried flower arrangement, how to make flowers last, blah to TADA, crafts, handmade

Roses dry well so I hung them upside down (tie a bundle with a rubber band and use a hook to hang on a cabinet handle). Notice that these roses are still in fresh shape? The petals remain intact and the color keeps a lighter shade when hung to dry at this stage. 

flowers, floral arrangement, roses, orchids, hydrangeas, tulips, eucalyptus, how to dry flowers, watercolor painting, bookmark, dried flower arrangement, how to make flowers last, blah to TADA, crafts, handmade

Here's what they look like after leaving them to dry for a week. The petals are crisp and any moisture has evaporated.

flowers, floral arrangement, roses, orchids, hydrangeas, tulips, eucalyptus, how to dry flowers, watercolor painting, bookmark, dried flower arrangement, how to make flowers last, blah to TADA, crafts, handmade, Anthropologie bunny vase

I put them inside my bunny vase...TADA!

flowers, floral arrangement, roses, orchids, hydrangeas, tulips, eucalyptus, how to dry flowers, watercolor painting, bookmark, dried flower arrangement, how to make flowers last, blah to TADA, crafts, handmade

I also left the eucalyptus stems to dry (same process as the roses) and even when dry, they have a faint minty scent.

flowers, floral arrangement, roses, orchids, hydrangeas, tulips, eucalyptus, how to dry flowers, watercolor painting, bookmark, dried flower arrangement, how to make flowers last, blah to TADA, crafts, handmade, recycle, epicycle

I made another arrangement using an empty bottle for a vase...TADA!

Flowers fade and wither but through these simple crafts, I was able to extend their life. I am able to hold on to their beauty a little longer and turn even their dried versions from "blah" to "TADA!"

I wish you all an exciting week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. They do still look beautiful when dried. Thanks for sharing.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the deep colors, too! Thank you Priscilla!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!