27 September 2012

The Great Outdoors

Summer is hands down my favorite season. The weather is warm, the days are long, and I feel I accomplish a lot during these months. This week, I'm sharing photos from my summer, a way of crossing off the list I made on Pinterest.

Today, it's all about outdoor entertainment.

Movies in the park are always fun.
This is at the Brooklyn Bridge Park.

Bring your own blanket, drinks and munchies.
And add a bunch of buddies to the mix.

Just like a movie theater, there's popcorn!

An outdoor concert at the Olde Lafayette Village.

A solo concert at Central Park (the line is
for tickets at Shakespeare in the Park).

Jazz Evenings at Bryant Park

A Latin band performing at the mall
(they were awesome!)
I watched a Broadway play, too.
War Horse not only had a touching
story, the puppetry and set design
were TADA!

Did you tune into the Summer Olympics?
I sure did!

London did a spectacular job.

I loved the symbolism of these copper petals.
Each country was assigned one and these were
lit all together for the duration of the Games.
I think each country got to take them home
once the flames were extinguished.

These activities indeed turn an ordinary summer day from blah to TADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!