25 June 2018

Straw Bags for the Summer

Hello guys! It's officially summer here in the U.S. and it's all about easy dressing -- dresses, flowy skirts, and shorts. To match the days-under-the-sun outfit, a cute bag is quite appropriate. 

The bag of the season is the straw bag, reminiscent of vacations in the French country, or adventures in Morocco, Asia, and Latin America where these bags are made.

I love the exotic vibe they bring to an outfit. Good thing I already have similar bags in my closet:

They call this the "bayong" in the Philippines. There are bigger, sturdier, and more colorful versions. It's traditionally used as a market bag and is filled with the day's finds like fruits and vegetables, and is carried at the crook of the arm.

I got this as a present. Two dear friends filled it with cookies, candy, and other treats. 

All I did was embellish the bag with pompoms...TADA!

The handles fit snuggly under the arm and it's roomy enough for all the things I take with me when I'm out and about.

Here is another bag I unearthed from my closet:

It's a clutch made from raffia.

To turn it from blah to TADA!, I added tassels and pompoms.

I feel very on trend without spending a lot of money...TADA!

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you dress up your accessories with colorful pompoms and tassels. So pretty.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!