06 January 2020

Shopping in my Closet : A Winter Outfit

Last year, I started this idea called "Shopping in my Closet." It's a discipline of using what I already have, giving away what I no longer use, and not having to shop if it's not necessary. I'd like to work around a capsule wardrobe where every single piece is worn on a regular basis.

Today, I prepared a winter outfit.

This turtleneck sweater was a hand-me-down from my Mom's sister. She gave me a bunch of her winter clothes to make sure I was bundled up when the temperatures dropped. Just the thought makes me smile. It's a loved one's hug in clothing form...TADA!

Anyway, I rarely wore this because it felt a little scratchy. But I always wear a shirt under a sweater and a long-sleeved shirt was the solution.

I'm a casual dresser and a good pair of jeans is a staple.  I also paired it with a hat (or a beanie) to keep my head and ears warm. 

I'll wear a puffer jacket (such a wise investment!) over it to keep me toasty and dry even if the wind howls or the snow falls. I'm ready for winter...TADA!

Here's to turning our old outfits from blah to TADA!, as well as being smart and mindful of the things we shop for.

2 comments:

Your comments are very much appreciated!