03 February 2020

A Crochet Heart

Hi guys! I like all kinds of crafts but I tend to shy away from crochet and knitting. I think it's because these have a specific language and set of rules, whereas my crafting style is more "fly by the seat of my pants" or "just winging it".

But I wanted to improve my skills.

So I took out my crochet hooks from the dark corners of storage. 

And found some of my yarn -- mostly garage sale finds and from the craft store sale bin. 

I really wanted to make a crochet heart.  

And I successfully made one...TADA! Thank goodness for You Tube tutorials and instructions on Pinterest.

There are many ways to make a crochet heart so it's always good to experiment and find the most suitable style for you.

I practiced using different colors and eventually made these from memory. Learning a new skill is always TADA!

Here's how I used the crochet heart I made:

I think that this little heart is a thoughtful token to give away.  

I added a bar pin at the back (secured in place using a glue gun).

I made a greeting card using card stock, alphabet stamps, and ink pad.

I punched some holes... 

So that I could attach the heart pin.

I stamped and signed the back of the card (an extra handmade touch).

Inside, I'm writing uplifting words for someone going through a tough time. Maybe she can wear the heart, snap it on her bag or display it on her work space to remind her that she is in my thoughts.  


Here is another version without a pin. The recipient can use the crochet heart however he or she likes. 

It's attached to the card with baker's twine and has a similar sentiment expressing, "I'm here for you."

I hope this gesture will turn their day from blah to TADA!

2 comments:

  1. Then pin-card is so sweet, your friend will appreciate it. I have red yarn. I could totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Priscilla! I've made a few of these cards already...and received words of appreciation. Yay! I can't wait to see what you make. :)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!