08 June 2020

Gift Pendants

Hi guys! If you follow my blog, you know that I don't like letting things go to waste. I'll find a way to turn the smallest scrap from blah to TADA!

Last week, I made this floral frog out of salt dough.

A floral frog is a lid that you put on top of a vase or jar. The holes keep stems from moving around allowing you make a floral arrangement even without a lot of flowers.  

Part of the process is shaping it and adding some holes.

I was left with these little nuggets of salt dough which I didn't want to throw away. 

So I flattened them into little disks, poked a hole at the top (using the end of a paintbrush), put them on a lined baking sheet and baked them in the oven (200 degrees Fahrenheit) for 2 hours.   

I let them cool and stamped on some festive words using rubber stamps and an ink pad:




Aren't they adorable? 

I like to use them to embellish gifts or what I call "gift pendants". The recipient can re-use it for a future gift that they will be wrapping. 

I can add it in tandem with other decorations.  

Or add a gift tag, too. TADA!

Gift Pendants made with Salt Dough

2 comments:

  1. I don't like things going to waste, either. This is THE best idea for leftover salt dough scraps ever. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you foe always, always leaving me a comment, Priscilla! I appreciate it very much!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!