16 January 2022

Handmade Birthday Cards

Hello lovelies!

I'm a big fan of sending out birthday cards because it's my way to celebrate those I love. Sure, it's easy to write a text or leave a message on their Facebook wall. Nothing wrong with that. But a birthday card means you went the extra mile -- choosing the card, writing a message, and mailing it; and doing these things in advance so the card arrives on time. 

blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA

I found these blank cards in my paper stash. I got them from the Target Dollar Spot a few years ago. There are eight cards and matching envelopes and the design reminds me of a chalkboard.

blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, handmade birthday card, blah to TADA

I found some embellishments in this book given by a dear friend. I love it because it's all about yummy things and paper crafts!

blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA

I zoned in on these adorable images.

blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA

They are die cuts that I'll use as stickers.

blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA

I put a dab of glue on each one and attached them to a card.

blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA

I played around with the orientation of the card, some vertical and some horizontal.

Then I took a white gel pen and did a bit of hand lettering:

blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA, Buen Provecho, hand lettering, Gelly Roll white pen

hand lettering, Gelly Roll white pen, cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA, Buen Provecho

hand lettering, Gelly Roll white pen, blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA, Buen Provecho,

hand lettering, Gelly Roll white pen, blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA, Buen Provecho,

blank cards, decorating blank cards, hand lettering, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA, Buen Provecho

hand lettering, Gelly Roll white pen, blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA, Buen Provecho

"Buen Provecho" means "Enjoy your meal" in Spanish. What an appropriate greeting for any birthday, don't you think? Food and feasting are clearly the theme and inside, I'm writing personal memories of the meals we've shared and the food-centric gatherings that I look forward to in the years to come. 

Gelly Roll white pen, hand lettering, blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA, Buen Provecho

I always add a signature at the back so that the recipient knows it was crafted especially for them.

hand lettering, blank cards, decorating blank cards, how to make a birthday card, paper crafts, Paper Lover's Book, blah to TADA, Buen Provecho

That's how I turned a few plain cards from blah to TADA!

If you want some ideas on what to write inside a birthday card apart from a simple "Happy Birthday," you'll find some suggestions from the greeting card experts here and here. And if you'd like to subscribe to my newsletter, just add your e-mail here

Whether it's your birthday or not, I wish you all, Buen Provecho!

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable, Claire. I like the idea of different ways to say "happy birthday," so thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always being so encouraging, Priscilla!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!