01 January 2022

Welcome 2022!

Well hello there everyone and hello 2022!

Do you know one thing I love? 

Sharpening pencils.

pencil, sharpener, pencil sharpener, school supplies, office supplies, blah to TADA, long point sharpener, CW Pencil Enterprise

It makes me feel in control. That even if the pencil loses its point after so much use, I just have to sharpen it and the pencil is brand new again.

I love this long point sharpener.

I love the curly wave produced by sharpening. Bonus points if it's long and ribbon-like.

I love the smell of lead. It reminds me of shopping for school supplies and the beginning of a new school year.

sketch book, journal, bullet journal, watercolor, journaling, diary, blah to TADA, New Year Resolutions

I love a blank page. Sure, it's intimidating. 

sketch book, journal, bullet journal, watercolor, journaling, diary, blah to TADA, New Year Resolutions, pencil, ruler

But if you draw some lines or make some rectangles...

sketch book, journal, bullet journal, watercolor, journaling, diary, blah to TADA, New Year Resolutions

Then color in the spaces...you begin to fill the page. 

sketch book, journal, bullet journal, watercolor, journaling, diary, blah to TADA, New Year Resolutions, 2022, water brush

Write down the year.

sketch book, journal, bullet journal, watercolor, journaling, diary, blah to TADA, New Year Resolutions, 2022, simplify

Instead of resolutions, I choose a word. This is my intention for 2022: SIMPLIFY.

sketch book, journal, bullet journal, watercolor, journaling, diary, blah to TADA, New Year Resolutions, be present & presence, brush lettering

If you'd like to know, these were my words for 2021.

sketch book, journal, bullet journal, watercolor, journaling, diary, blah to TADA, New Year Resolutions, brush lettering, quote

Add a quote. This one is by the wise and inspiring Morgan Harper Nichols.

sketch book, journal, bullet journal, lists, watercolor, journaling, diary, blah to TADA, New Year Resolutions, Pentel pen

Then make a list. Nothing grand. Realistic but still challenging.

sketch book, journal, bullet journal, watercolor, journaling, diary, blah to TADA, New Year Resolutions, water brush, Pentel pen

Just like that, I turned a blank page from "blah to TADA!"

As we begin 2022, may your pencils be sharp and may your blank pages be filled with blessings. Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Claire! My word for the year is love, and I resolve to interact with people with more love.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!