19 July 2026

Stationery Swap Kits

It's so nice to see you!

Last week, I updated the look of some plain gift tags by adding some baker's twine and floral fodder:

gift tags, Ikea, gift wrap, gift wrapping ideas, hand-drawn flowers, watercolor flowers, collage, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

They look so fun and festive! I can use them to turn a paper bag or a gift box from blah to TADA!

But I made so many, I thought, "Why not share these gift tags?"

stationery, ephemera, @kelsonplanning, journaling, scrapbooking, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

It reminded me of the stationery swap kits that I've been fortunate to receive from fellow stationery lovers.

This envelope was from Kelsey (@kelsonplanning) who I met at a travel journaling workshop. She gave everyone an envelope!

stationery, ephemera, @kelsonplanning, journaling, scrapbooking, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Inside are these pieces of ephemera and stickers to decorate a journal or scrapbook...TADA!

wax seals, washi tape, stationery, ephemera, @theenchanteddesk, journaling, scrapbooking, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

These wax seals and washi tape collection are from Michael (@theenchanteddesk). I met him at a letter writing workshop.

Stationery lovers and journal enthusiasts are some of the most thoughtful people on earth! It wasn't required but they did it anyway as a way to share their stash. This kind gesture also made them more memorable. I felt so bad that I didn't have anything to trade with them.   

So maybe it was time to make my own stationery swap kits.

tissue, paper, paper crafts, DIY envelope, DIY stationery, handmade stationery, floral gift tags, labels, rubber stamps, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I saved this printed tissue paper from a package.

tissue, paper, paper crafts, DIY envelope, DIY stationery, handmade stationery, floral gift tags, labels, rubber stamps, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I cut the paper into smaller rectangles.

tissue, paper, paper crafts, DIY envelope, DIY stationery, handmade stationery, floral gift tags, labels, rubber stamps, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I turned them into envelopes, gluing the open sides together, and leaving one side as a flap. Also, I decorated the envelope with a floral rubber stamp and a sticker label. 

tissue, paper, paper crafts, DIY envelope, DIY stationery, handmade stationery, floral gift tags, labels, rubber stamps, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

It serves as packaging for my handmade gift tags...TADA! I can also include D.I.Y. stickers and handmade stationery.

tissue, paper, paper crafts, DIY envelope, DIY stationery, handmade stationery, floral gift tags, labels, rubber stamps, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

On the blank labels, I can write "Handmade for You," "A Little Something for You" or personalize with the recipient's name. I can even add my business card or links to my website and social media accounts if I want to make more lasting connections.

And that is how I turned some plain paper from blah to TADA! I can't wait to make more stationery swap kits so that I'm ready when the occasion calls for it. 

*****
You may subscribe here if you'd like my future blog posts delivered straight to your inbox and you can follow me on Instagram for more crafty ideas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!