It's lovely to see you!
![]() |
| Rescued Paper Notebook |
I saw these Rescued Paper Notebooks at a museum shop and I just had to check them out. Inside are pages of discarded paper, each sheet is blank for writing on one side, and covered with printing on the other side, a peek-a-boo of its former life. I love the intentionality of it -- scrap paper bound together for jotting down ideas.
In the past, I've made something similar using packaging paper and paper collected from various notebooks that I bound together by hand.
Let me show you a new one that I made:
I call it the Rescued Paper Collection inspired by the Rescued Paper Notebook. It's a book full of hand-painted pages.
The pages all begin with this. Brown paper used to stuff boxes from online shopping. Time to turn it from blah to TADA!
After each page was painted, I bound them together with glue. I used binder clips to keep the spine in place as the glue dried.
Here is a flip through.
As you can see, the papers vary in size.
The colors and prints made from watercolor are pretty wild.
I also snuck in some printed tissue gift wrap and plain ones that I painted.
This can work as a scrapbook.
Or I can use the pages for my collage and scrapbooking needs (just cut the desired size of paper).
I also included an envelope filled with handmade fodder (fodder = anything you can use for collage).
Fodder samples include these hand-stamped quotes and hand-drawn flowers (use glue to attach them to a page).
And that is how I turned brown packaging paper from blah to TADA!
*****
You may subscribe here if you'd like my future blog posts delivered straight to your inbox and you can follow me on Instagram for more crafty ideas.













No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are very much appreciated!