03 March 2014

My Project Pouch Revisited

Hello friends! I hope you all had a relaxing weekend.

Remember this linen pouch? It was a plain, blah pouch that I decorated with iron-on patches. The "K" is for the special nickname my family has for me, and it's also the initial of my niece's name who was born around the time I was making this. The coat of arms has no meaning. I liked it just because -- how often do you find one in pastel colors? The flower, well, I just happen to adore flowers!

The back of the pouch remained blank for a while.

Until I found a few more patches: the flower {I told you I love 'em!} reminds me of tropical destinations in Asia. The par avion patch is a nod to the thrills of snail mail. And the cocktail is a little reminder to have "happy hour" every day, however you define "happy hour" {mine would be "crafty hour"!}.

Here are the patches, now on the pouch. TADA!

In case you're curious, here is an easy guide to attach patches like these:
Step 1: Preheat iron to "cotton" setting.
Step 2: Pretest your fabric for heat tolerance at this setting {ex. fabric doesn't curl-up or discolor}
Step 3: Position the patch on the surface of the garment. Cover the patch with a cotton cloth. Iron for 10 to 15 seconds {put pressure on the patch and move the iron around}.
Step 4: Turn the garment inside-out. Iron this area for 20-25 seconds with some pressure.
Step 5: Allow garment to cool and it can be used. 

I use the pouch to store materials for crafty projects like this for French knitting. 

Here's the result of my first attempt. TADA!


Please come by on Wednesday. I'll show you what I used this knitted strand for. Meanwhile, have a beautiful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!