Well hello there! Today, some photo inspirations for the coming holiday:
An Advent Calendar wall hanging!
And an Advent Calendar pillow! I think these are both darling.
If you're not familiar, an Advent Calendar is used to count down the days before Christmas. There are 24 little pockets where you can hide a gift like a toy or candy. Or to make the season less about material presents, why not put in notes to encourage giving or starting family traditions. For example:
- Make a donation to your favorite charity
- Listen to Christmas carols
- Bake cookies
- Write a holiday card to a friend abroad
- Make handmade ornaments
- Send candy to service men and women who keep us safe
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Watch a movie about the holidays
- Attend the tree lighting event in your town
- Give to Toys for Tots
This is getting me excited for Christmas. TADA!