10 September 2018

Little Women

Hello everyone!

One of the books I read over the summer was "Little Women". I know it's a classic but I never read it growing up. It's a story of the March sisters -- Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy -- who bloom from girls to women, find their place in the world, experience love and loss, and learn life lessons like friendship, appreciation, compassion, sacrifice, and hard work.  

via PBS
PBS recently came out with a three part television adaptation. I loved everything about it including the casting, costumes, and set design. I don't have any sisters and I wished I could've been the fifth sister just to experience what it's like to have one.

Katharine Hepburn, Joan Bennett, Frances Dee, and Jean Parker in Little Women (1933)
via Imdb.com
I also got to watch the 1933 black and white movie on TCM. I'd like to see every film version created, including the new one coming out at the end of the month that's set in the present time. Truly a mark of a timeless story!

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the book:



I was also inspired to make some art: 


Did you read "Little Women"? What was your favorite part?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!