17 September 2018

Summer by the Water

I hope you all had a beautiful summer. Before we transition into a new season, I'd like to share a few photos of my trips to the water.

A tranquil bay in Long Island...

There's a seasonal shack selling seafood sandwiches.

Summer is never complete without chowder, lobster rolls and clam strips!

Another trip with some friends at a cabin by the lake:

It was calm and peaceful, a total change from our daily life.

The evenings were breezy and beautiful.

We followed everything stated on this lake house sign!

Even if I was on vacation, I couldn't help but craft. Here are the inspirations and my creations:

A garden filled with late summer Black-eyed Susans.

I picked a few and pressed them in between some heavy books. I like how the petals tuned into a deep yellow. I might add these to a shadow box or turn it into a pendant

These were really good bottles of wine that we enjoyed over meals that we cooked. I took a picture for future reference. 

I even saved a label to include in my travel journal...TADA!

My journal page made with sketches, stamps, and ephemera.

Here's another trip, this time by the beach:


I brought my watercolor pad and paints so I could practice. Painting water and waves is something I still have to work on.

I wish I had this view everyday. Being by the beach is always relaxing and rejuvenating.

A little souvenir from a day at the beach...TADA!

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I read the cabin sign because the moose image is next to "gather with family." Water scenes are hard to paint, but you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. The moose don't want to feel left out ;-) Thanks Priscilla!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!