22 April 2019

A Sticker Coloring Book

When coloring books for adults first came out, I was on the fence about the idea. I thought the lines were too narrow and there were too many details to fill in compared to a child's coloring book. But I tried it out and I got hooked. 

Coloring the fine details promoted focus and mindfulness. And that's what every adult needs in a busy world. When I need to pause and do something artsy but non-commital, I'd choose a page and "color". My preferred materials are watercolor or colored pencils.

But I found this option: 

A coloring page using stickers!

It's similar to "paint by numbers" but instead of paint, you use the corresponding stickers. Just match the sticker to its number on the blank page.

Here's the first piece I completed...TADA!

It's quick to finish and if you make a mistake, the sticker peels off and can be repositioned.

These are "roses" on the label. But they look like peonies, too.

They can easily add life to an empty wall in an office. Just stick them on with washi tape, or they can be framed as a series.

These also make good gifts -- the sticker books or the completed pages. There are many options at the bookstore or on-line shops.

As for these sticker remnants? I'm not about to throw them away just yet.

I'll make smaller stickers with a hole punch.

And cut out geometric shapes.

And stick them on a clothing tag (the labels that are attached to new clothes).

It now has new life as a bookmark...TADA!

Here's another one made from cardboard and stickers cut out in petal shapes. As an option, finish it off with a layer of Mod Podge to keep the stickers in place.

To be used for all the books you have, or to share with another booklover...TADA!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, I didn't know such sticker art existed, looks fun. I love what you did with the remnants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priscilla! I thought the sticker coloring book was pretty unique, though not easy to find. :)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!