01 April 2019

Handmade Birthday Cards

One of the things I find truly satisfying is sending out birthday cards. It tells my friends that they are thought about fondly on their special day. And over the years, my friends have told me that this small gesture is appreciated. And that is just TADA!   

Instead of buying ready-made, I like crafting these cards. Each year, I pretend I'm a designer and make a "collection." Below are some of the ones I sent out last year. The theme was "golden spring." They are made of gold-foil cards dressed up with flowers, watercolor paintings, and pastel-colored ephemera. I love springtime as a jumping off point because isn't that what birthdays are about -- fresh beginnings?



 



It's not a designer label but it tells a story of a handmade touch. TADA!

And incidentally, April is "National Letter Writing Month". Let's write more cards and letters and keep snail mail alive!

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using a foil card for a background, so cute. Thanks for reminding us that it's National Letter Writing Month. I'm writing my mum today!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!