14 October 2019

Autumn Rituals

It's officially Autumn in the East Coast and with the arrival of the new season, old rituals are performed.

We go to a bonfire by the beach to celebrate the Harvest Moon. Beach. Bonfire. Full Moon. What's not to love?

There's a smaller bonfire where everyone is welcome to roast marshmallows for S'mores or as a topping for their hot cocoa.

We bring our own picnic in the form of a simple wine and cheese platter...TADA!

It's a fun community event! Some folks even bring instruments and sing the night away.

We hope this fire will keep us warm when the winter months arrive.

I've also started decorating my front door. This is a wreath that I made at a workshop in our local library. 

It's a grapevine wreath with Magnolia and Eucalyptus leaves. The bows are handmade from wired ribbon...TADA!  

In the summer, you'll hardly find me in the kitchen because it's too warm! But when the cooler weather arrives, I'm always in the mood to bake. These are peanut butter cookies.

Using Bartlett pears for these tarts...TADA!

And because it's pumpkin season, I make these breakfast muffins.


I also like to go on long drives to see the colorful leaves.

And attend a fall festival like "The Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze".

And speaking of jack o' lanterns and pumpkins, maybe you'd like to try your hand at needle felting? This needle-felted peach is from my blog archives but it can easily become a pumpkin, too.  

Or why not acorns? The caps are real acorn cupules and the body is needle-felted...TADA!

These are some of my autumn rituals. I'm curious to know what are yours?

2 comments:

  1. Your pear tarts are GORGEOUS! Too pretty to eat!

    Our neighborhood has a fall picnic every year. I guess that's our little tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priscilla! I love a picnic -- what a lovely neighborhood tradition you have! :)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!