20 April 2020

The Flower Ladies

Springtime has always been magic for me. It's a miracle that I get to witness year after year when the earth comes back to life after a lengthy, somber winter.

I'm inspired by all the blooming bushes and trees outside. What a shame that we can't fully appreciate them because we have to stay home to stay safe. I continue to hunker down and I made a few paintings. 

I used these stamps by Jane Davenport.

I mounted them on acrylic blocks and inked with a stamp pad to create this series I fondly call, "The Flower Ladies":


















The sketches are my humble way to preserve the flowers I see, as well as to admire our beautiful nature.  

Flower-inspired stamps and sketches
I hope these will encourage you to make your own work of art...TADA!

2 comments:

  1. What a clever idea. I think the daffodil hair is my favorite, but they're all nice!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!