17 August 2020

Bible Journaling


I am very pleased you stopped by today! I always, always appreciate your company.

Today, let's talk about crafts and practicing our faith. I'm quite spiritual and prayer is always a part of my day. I read the Bible and I write down God's messages for me in my Bullet Journal. But have you heard of Bible Journaling?

via Illustrated Faith 

Bible Journaling is scrapbooking on a Bible! Yes, it feels a bit rebellious writing and adding color to its the pages. Some people sing their praises, I don't see why we can't craft our praises! And doing so helps us remember these feelings and lessons, and even share them to others in a visually appealing manner.  

Special Bibles with extra-wide margins are used. Here you can write down your thoughts, decorate with markers, and add stickers and other ephemera.

You can visit Illustrated Faith, A Pile of Ashes, Day Spring and Confident Canvas or look for the tag #biblejournaling on Instagram for lots of Bible Journaling inspiration.

I have yet to acquire my own journaling Bible. Meanwhile I made this mini scrapbook:

I call it "Conversations with God" because these words come to me during prayer time.

It's made from a variety of cardboard boxes. Instead of tossing them, I'm turning them from blah to TADA! 

I didn't bother covering these with paint or paper. The imperfection reminds me to use what I have, do what I can, and that I don't have to spend money to create something meaningful.

I'm also using scrapbook paper remnants, rubber stamps, an ink pad, scissors and glue.

Here are the pages I've made so far:

This one is a line from on a song.


These are a recurring message...a reliable reminder when I'm anxious.

This is also a line from another song.

I ask this question everyday.

Because we are created in God's likeness.

For when I'm feeling insecure.


These are also lines from a song about meekness and humility.

For all the sick people I include in my prayers especially during this time.

For when I am impatient.

For when I am extra impatient.

And I always end by counting my blessings.

I use them like flash cards, flipping through them regularly to remind me of God's promises. 

I hope this has inspired you to express your beliefs in creative ways. Have a wonderful week!


2 comments:

  1. I love your miniature scrapbook of faith! I can totally see how it would be a good way to focus as you flip through during prayer. I have tried Bible journaling, and I just COULD NOT do it. Like you mentioned, it felt too rebellious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ecstatic you like it, Priscilla! Thank you for your thoughts on Bible journaling! :)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!