15 July 2020

Day 100

Hello everyone! I have an extra blog post this week because it's Day 100 of #100DayProject...TADA!


"The 100 Day Project " is an on-line art project: choose a project, do it for 100 days, and show off your progress on Instagram

blah to TADA
Given our current situation, I chose the theme, "100 Days of Silver Linings". I needed a distractraction from uncertainty, something to allow me a bit of productivity, and hallmarks of hope amidst the heartache.  

blah to TADA
I trimmed watercolor paper into 3-inch by 3-inch squares until I had 100 blank canvases. The front is for the artwork.

blah to TADA
And the back is where I write down the story behind each sketch.

It's important to document them so that I won't ever forget. 

#100DayProject, #100DaysofSilverLinings, watercolor, watercolor painting, brush lettering, quotes, kindness, covid crafts, quarantine crafts, Coronavirus, stories of hope, stories of kindness
I used my favorite tools that I've owned for many years.

I hunted for stories of hope and kindness everywhere -- on social media and in the news (no matter how bad the headlines were, the broadcast always ended with a positive story). 

blah to TADA
Here are the random acts of kindness from all over the world: people wanting to reach out to their neighbor whether they knew them or not.

blah to TADA
Expressions of gratitude to the brave first responders, health care heroes and essential workers. 

blah to TADA
Words of strength.

blah to TADA
How do you celebrate big events and milestones while social distancing? We found creative ways!

blah to TADA
Solidarity in light shows, multi-city flybys, a Space X launch, Fourth of July fireworks, and on-line entertainment.  

blah to TADA
In June, the pandemic and peaceful protests crossed paths.

Thankfully, there have been small changes brought about by these protests like a greater awareness of the prejudices black lives go through on a daily basis. Reforms to some police departments have also been implemented. And the creative community has been supportive of black-owned businesses and are rallying in amplifying black voices. It's a long way to go but it's a start.
 
blah to TADA
These are several ways we are trying to navigate what we've never experienced before. 

blah to TADA
There were days when it was difficult to sketch because all the good news was overshadowed by the bad. But there were times I would make 3 sketches a day because the stories I came across were very uplifting.

blah to TADA
And now that I've completed my 100 Day Project, I won't stop there. I'll keep searching for these stories.

blah to TADA
We're still fighting the virus but we're all in this together.

blah to TADA
Let's each do our part.

blah to TADA
Let's be extra kind.

blah to TADA
And let's remain hopeful that things will get better very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the uplifting post! Your 100 day Silver Linings project is a success for sure. (And so colorful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Priscilla for being so supportive...always!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!