10 July 2022

Souvenirs from the Shore

I hope you are all doing well!

At this time of year, we always hit the beach. The sun, ocean breezes, and the sound of the waves are energizing and relaxing at the same time. If I could, I would live at the beach all summer long.

Let me show you a few scenes from Spring Lake, New Jersey:

Spring Lake, New Jersey, Jersey shore, beach, Atlantic Ocean, waves, sand, vacation, blah to TADA

Spring Lake, New Jersey, Jersey shore, beach, Atlantic Ocean, waves, sand, vacation, blah to TADA

beach umbrella, lifeguard station, Spring Lake, New Jersey, Jersey shore, beach, Atlantic Ocean, waves, sand, vacation, blah to TADA

Spring Lake, New Jersey, Jersey shore, beach, Atlantic Ocean, waves, sand, vacation, blah to TADA

sunbathers,Spring Lake, New Jersey, Jersey shore, beach, Atlantic Ocean, waves, sand, vacation, blah to TADA

Spring Lake, New Jersey, Jersey shore, beach, Atlantic Ocean, waves, sand, vacation, blah to TADA, beach house

These photos really turn my day from "blah to TADA!"

shells, beach souvenirs,Spring Lake, New Jersey, Jersey shore, beach, Atlantic Ocean, waves, sand, vacation, blah to TADA

A trip to the beach is never complete without some souvenirs. I collect them as I walk the shore. 

shells, beach souvenirs,Spring Lake, New Jersey, Jersey shore, beach, Atlantic Ocean, waves, sand, vacation, blah to TADA

Here are the shells up close. I love the different textures and colors of each one. These will be part of my craft stash and I'll use them when inspiration strikes.

But for now, here are some simple pieces of jewelry that I made: 

jewelry, handmade jewelry, elastic string, jump ring, souvenirs from the Jersey shore, beach souvenirs, Jersey Shore, Spring Lake, blah to TADA

A bracelet made of elastic string, vintage beads, and a seashell attached like a pendant using a jump ring.

jewelry, handmade jewelry, elastic string, jump ring, souvenirs from the Jersey shore, beach souvenirs, Jersey Shore, Spring Lake, blah to TADA

I was deliberate in choosing these bead colors that remind me of the sky and the puffy clouds...TADA!

earrings, handmade earrings, earrings made of beads and shells, jewelry, handmade jewelry, souvenirs from the Jersey shore, beach souvenirs, Jersey Shore, Spring Lake, blah to TADA

Similar to these earrings, I made another set using these ready made jewelry findings, seed beads, and a pair of sea shells...TADA! I'll be sending this to a friend who now lives in California (to remind her of the Jersey Shore).

shell earrings, dangling earrings,jewelry, handmade jewelry, elastic string, jump ring, souvenirs from the Jersey shore, beach souvenirs, Jersey Shore, Spring Lake, blah to TADA
 
A summer souvenir that's handmade using materials that I already had on hand...TADA!

I hope you'll find some time to relax this month. It's always helpful to take care of ourselves. 

Also, please subscribe here if you want "blah to TADA!" blog posts delivered to your inbox.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your souvenirs. Your photos and jewelry are so pretty.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comments you leave me are always so encouraging...thank you Priscilla!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!