18 September 2022

Last Summer Hurrah

Hello everyone!

I'd like to honor a woman of strength and courage, Queen Elizabeth II:

via CNN

I'm not British and I never saw her in person, but I feel a sense of loss. She's the only monarch I grew up to know, I always paused when I saw her on TV, I watched several documentaries and even "The Crown" to learn about her life story. And what a story it was -- a 70 year reign! Thank you for your service, Ma'am. I can only echo what one British man said when he paid his respects to the Queen: "Rest in peace and rise in glory."


*****


This Thursday, September 22, is the first day of Autumn. How has summer flown by so quickly? Sharing with you some photos that turned my summer from "blah to TADA!"

1. The taste of summer:

summer eats, blah to TADA, lobster, clams, food styling
Eating lobster rolls and clam chowder


summer eats, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella cheese, blah to TADA, food styling
Homemade Caprese Salad with Proscuitto


bakery, Emily Riddell, pastries, bakery, baked goods, blah to TADA, Two Persons coffee
Checking out new pastry shops like
Machine Shop in Philadelphia
Tatte Bakery in Boston, and
Kingston Bread & Bar in New York.


ice cream, Fish Town, Philadelphia, blah to TADA
Trying new ice cream flavors at Jeni's,
Il Laboratorio del Gelato,
Matcha Cafe' Maiko, and Dairy Queen.


2. Going on new adventures:

beach, shore, Jersey Shore, sky, sand, sea, blah to TADA, summer, vacation
Weekends at our favorite beach


Presidential libraries, passport, blah to Tada, United States
Visiting the Presidential Libraries of John F. Kennedy and 
Franklin D. Roosevelt. There's a special passport that gets
a stamp for every new one I visit.
Can't wait to see the rest!


tomatoes, peppers, summer, market, blah to TADA
Bounty at the many farm stands & farmer's markets!

3. Getting lost in fun summer reads:

Korean American by Eric Kim, A Table by Rebekah Peppler, Colombiana by Mariana Velasquez, Snackable Bakes by Jessie Sheehan, blah to TADA
Cooking from a variety of cookbooks like
Korean American, Snackable Bakes,
A Table, and Colombiana.


Lucy Foley, books, novel, blah to TADA, beach, beach reads, summer reading
Riveting novels including those by Lucy Foley
(she creates characters that one can get so invested in!)


picture book, children's book, blah to TADA
I also read newly released picture books like
"Holding On" by Sophia N. Lee & Isabel Roxas.
It's about memories made between
a grandmother and her granddaughter.
I wrote a book review on Positively Filipino.


4. Doing something creative everyday:

Filling my sketchbooks with watercolor drawings.

pen pal, stationery, birthday cards, envelopes, stickers, blah to TADA
Designing my own stationery & sending snail mail...TADA!

I hope you had an exciting summer, too. Here's to the new season and what's ahead!

If you would like new posts delivered to your inbox, you are welcome to subscribe here 

2 comments:

  1. You had a creative and eventful summer! My summer was spent settling in to our new home in Texas and meeting our friendly neighbors.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Priscilla! I hope you're settling in your new place nicely and that it feels like home already! May you make many lovely memories there!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!