02 October 2022

Crafty Uses for Fabric Remnants

Hey, hey!

If you're a regular visitor to this blog, you know by now that I have difficulty throwing things away. Even the smallest sliver of scrapbook paper, I'll turn into a greeting card or scraps of ribbon, I'll give new life as cake toppers. The same is true for fabric remnants. I'll find a way to turn them from "blah to TADA!"

Let me show you some items I made using fabric left over from other sewing projects:

chair backrest pillow, sewing, fabric, fabric crafts, uses for fabric scraps, blah to TADA, Ikea fabric, black chair, black and white stripe fabric, interior design

I turned the fabric into a cushion cover...TADA!

chair backrest pillow, sewing, fabric, fabric crafts, uses for fabric scraps, blah to TADA, Ikea fabric, black chair, black and white stripe fabric, interior design

Here's a tiny back pillow made from the smaller fabric. 

pencil case, fabric crafts, Ikea fabric, uses for fabric remnants, sewing machine, zipper, fabric pouch, blah to TADA

And for the smaller fabric remnants, I made them into pencil pouch...TADA! This was also a good exercise for me on how to attach a zipper.

pencil case, fabric crafts, Ikea fabric, uses for fabric remnants, sewing machine, zipper, fabric pouch, blah to TADA, colored pencils

I like how the zipper added a pop of color.

pencil case, fabric crafts, Ikea fabric, uses for fabric remnants, sewing machine, zipper, fabric pouch, blah to TADA, colored pencils

This is now home for my colored pencils.

crafts, fabric crafts, DIY pin cushion, pins and needles, fabric crafts, Ikea fabric, uses for fabric remnants, sewing machine, blah to TADA

Then I turned the smaller pieces of fabric into a pin cushion...TADA!  

crafts, fabric crafts, DIY pin cushion, pins and needles, fabric crafts, black and white fabric, uses for fabric remnants, sewing machine, blah to TADA

Here is another kind of pin cushion but with elastic attached so that it can be worn on the wrist just like what the talented tailors, seamstresses, and fashion designers use...TADA!

bowl cover, reusable bowl cover, fabric crafts, black fabric, sewing, sewing machine, elastic, eco-friendly, blah to TADA

I also made an elastic bowl cover...TADA! Because it's made of fabric, it can be washed and used multiple times. 

Maybe these crafts have given you ideas on how you can use up your fabric scraps and turn them from "blah to TADA!" 

Have a good week and if you'd like to subscribe to my blog so you get them in your inbox every week, please sign up here.

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful examples of putting scraps of fabric to good use! I would like to try a small braided rug some day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priscilla! A braided rug...or bowl...or bag! I like that idea!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!