05 May 2024

Five Things for May

 Hey, hey, it's May!

peony, flowers, nature, fuchsia flowers, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

One of the things I look forward to is seeing peonies bloom! Peonies are one of my favorite flowers because they can be as big as cabbages and their colors are vibrant, they unapologetically declare, "Look at me!" When I see them in a neighbor's garden or as bouquets at the supermarket, I really stop and admire them...TADA!

The Expatriates by Janice Y. K. Lee, Mother's Day, blah to TADA

On May 12, we celebrate Mother's Day here in the U.S. Above is quote from the book "The Expatriates" by Janice Y. K. Lee, a book I thoroughly loved reading (and is now a drama series). Doesn't this sentence capture the essence of a mother?

To all mothers and mother-figures, thank you for your deep love and sacrifice! You all deserve a long rest on Mother's Day.

May, Lost Sock Day, Mimosa Day, Shrimp Day, Paperclip Day, Paper airplane Day, Barbecue Day, Blueberry Cheesecake Day, blah to TADA,

Apart from Mother's Day there are many other occasions in May. Did you know that there is a Lost Sock Day, Paper Airplane Day, and Talk like Yoda Day? You can find the full list of May celebrations here. I wonder who comes up with these? They definitely turn an ordinary day from blah to TADA!

washi tape, wooden rack, how to store washi tape, Yoseka Stationery, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Do you like washi tape? I have a collection and I like using them for my paper crafts. I thought this was a clever idea to keep tape rolls organized (c/o Yoseka Stationery). It's a wooden rack for plates or cooking pan lids but repurposed to house washi tape...TADA!  

washi tape, washi tape tip, how to loosen washi tape, how to keep washi tape from sticking to itself, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Speaking of washi tape, does it ever happen to you that the washi tape has stuck to the roll, the edges are ragged from the effort of detaching, and you don't get a smooth peel? Many of my washi tape rolls suffer this condition and I found out that you can loosen the adhesive with concentrated heat. In this photo, I'm using an embossing heat tool but you can use a hairdryer, too. Apply direct heat to the tape for a few minutes (I hold the washi tape with a pair of tongs so that my fingers don't scorch) and set aside to let it cool. Magically, they heat loosens it up and it will be good as new...TADA!

Wishing you all a memorable May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!