08 January 2010

Special Occasions

Let me cap "Calendar Week" with another blah to Tada! idea.

I'm not only using one calendar...

...I'm using two kinds to make a brand new calendar:

Tada! A birthday/anniversary calendar
that I can use each & every year.


I used the tent-style calendar as the base and covered the pages with construction paper. From the wall calendar, I cut out the months & dates then glued these on the blank page. I embellished further with magazine cut-outs.

Then I filled in the dates with my loved ones' birthdays & anniversaries. This special occasion calendar sits beside my current calendar so I'll never forget to greet these important people a "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary".

I added a pocket at the back of the calendar to hold greeting cards, envelopes & stamps that I can send out a few weeks before the special date. While it's easy to send a text or an e-mail, nothing melts the heart like a hand written-sealed with a kiss-postman delivered birthday card!

Have a happy Tada! weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Hey Claire - I am not really a person who comments every single post, but sorry, have to congratulate you on this idea, too. You are so creative! Must "steal" that idea. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I especially like where you added the pocket in back for cards, envelopes and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Receiving a card in the mail is one of the great things in life. Sadly, not too many people agree. I still send cards because I know how much I enjoy getting them.

    This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Thanks very clever!

    p.s. I nominated you for a happy award, cos your blog makes me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too good Claire!, I always have to re-write everyone's birthdays on the new planner. I amazed at all you've done with the calendars :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it! The pocket on the back just adds to the awesomeness! Don't forget my birthday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sonja, Kathryn, Crystal, DoodleGirl, Sooz (thanks for the award!), Nuit and Christina! Thank you for you wonderful comments...I'm smiling from ear to ear! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!