16 June 2019

Happy Father's Day

I love coloring books because they remind me of childhood and at the same time, I am able to create something and enjoy moments of mindfulness.

Today I chose this tranquil lotus pond with a few golden dragonflies.

The lotus flower grows in muddy waters but rises above it and blooms beautifully. Dragonflies, likewise, are symbolic of overcoming times of hardship.  These kind of remind me of dads and fathers -- the ones with lots of love to give and who go out of their way for their family.

So to all the Dads out there, THANK YOU for everything! Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I had a great dad! He's still living, but Alzheimer's has taken his brain, so it's like he's not there anymore. But I have wonderful memories of him.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!