17 June 2019

Shopping in my Closet : A Summer Outfit

Hi guys! Today I'm introducing a new section in my blog called "Shopping in my Closet". I got this idea from a beloved aunt of mine. She lived next door from my parents' house and she would have lunch with us every Sunday. After lunch I would always ask her, "What are you going to do this afternoon?" and one of my favorite replies from her was, "I'm going shopping in my closet!" And she did have a magical closet -- I would run to her every time I needed a cute party outfit!  

Shopping in my closet. Isn't that a blah to TADA! idea? We tend to accumulate a lot of stuff and sometimes we forget what's in there. 

Let me show you what I found: 

This is a kimono made from sheer, light fabric.  It doesn't have any buttons or closures so the front drapes gracefully. 

It was a gift from a dear friend of mine. But I've never worn it. Eeeep! Not because I don't like it but because I don't know how to wear it. 

But with a little more digging in my closet, I came up with these combinations:

Kimono + blue tank top + jeans = an outfit for movie night or brunch with the gang that I can wear with sandals and a straw bag...TADA!

Kimono + white top + denim cut-off shorts = I can wear this to a backyard party or a day at the beach...TADA!

I'll wear it with my favorite hat and a pair of sneakers or flip flops...TADA!

Maybe I can also wear the kimono with a plain sleeveless dress or as a bathing suit cover-up. I would love to know if you have other suggestions, too.

I hope this post has inspired you to shop in your own closet and turn your everyday fashion from blah to TADA!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking swim suit coverup when I saw the first photo, but I especially like the white tank top and jeans shorts combo!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!