02 September 2019

The Summer of 2019

Today is Labor Day, the unofficial end of summer. 

Sigh.

How did the season fly by so quickly? I'm feeling all sorts of blah because these carefree days are about to end. To turn this thought into TADA!, can I share some photos of my summer? 

Summer was all about traveling to new cities...

Hanging out by the water...

And being able to dip my toes in the sand.

Summer wasn't complete without cookouts...

And lots of frozen desserts.

Summer was filled with outdoor concerts... 

Movies in the park...

The kind where you bring your own chair and pack a picnic.

Plus bonus fireworks, too...TADA!

I also got to practice my art:

I took a hand lettering class led by the talented Miss Swetha.  

Inspired by Mother Nature, I made a few "Petite Paintings" using small scraps of watercolor paper.

I also took some floral design classes.

Huckleberry, Salvia, Solidago, Charmelia, Gomphrena, Celosia, Dahlias, Carnations, and Sunflowers.
We used flowers like Huckleberry, Salvia, Solidago, Charmelia, Gomphrena, Celosia, Dahlias, Carnations, and Sunflowers.

Huckleberry, Salvia, Solidago, Charmelia, Gomphrena, Celosia, Dahlias, Carnations Sunflowers
Carefully placed in a darling mason jar accented with a raffia bow.

To make the arrangement last longer, I made this painting.

It's cover art for a greeting card...TADA!

Summer likewise required a visit to the farm...

And the farmer's market

And of course, I made a sketch of what I saw...TADA!

I hope you all had a relaxing summer!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to an outdoor concert in ages, what a good idea. I'm going to see if there are any in our area coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find one Priscilla and I hope you'll have a wonderful time!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!