30 September 2019

Treasures from the Trash: A Leaning Shelf

Hello there! Today I'm going to show you a piece of free furniture. I found it in the trash/recycling room of our apartment building.

Are you ready?

It's a handsome leaning shelf. It was missing one level and some screws had to be tightened.  

I was there for a good 15 minutes assessing, questioning, "Should I take it?" If we had room in our apartment I would have, no questions asked. But I didn't.

Using some photos I found on the web, here are some ideas on how I would turn it from blah to TADA!

via Pinterest
I would make my very own urban jungalow and fill every inch with plants.

via Pinterest
Or I would reconfigure the leaning shelf to add a desk and chair to liven up a tight corner.

via Pinterest
I have a lot of books and a new shelf will give them a new home.  

via Pinterest
It'll look good in the bathroom, too, dressed up with toiletries and accessories.

via Pinterest
I can also remove the existing shelves and replace them with towel rods.

@umbra_ltd's HUB ladder,
via Pinterest

Or I can use dowels and hang a few storage bins.


Anthropologie White-Dipped Ladder
via Pinterest
I can turn the leaning shelf into a ladder for towels.

via Pinterest
Or use as a display stand for throws, quilts, and blankets.

I hope these ideas have inspired you to give your unused or broken furniture new life and turn them from blah to TADA!

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought leaning throw/blanket racks looked nice, but using a leaning shelf as a plant stand makes total sense. The bottom plants stick out more, so they can still get light and not be smothered by the higher plants.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!