23 September 2019

Handmade Chocolate

Chocolate making was one of my favorite things to learn in pastry school. Tempering can be a bit of a challenge but can be improved upon with practice.

So here I am. Practicing.

I made these chocolate bars.

I flavored them with dried mission figs, walnuts, cocoa-dusted almonds, and sea salt.

These ingredients bring different textures and flavors to a plain bar.

I wrapped each bar in foil to preserve freshness.

Inspired by beautifully wrapped artisinal chocolates like this one and this one, I chose to wrap my chocolate in a pretty print. 

This is scrapbook paper from my paper stash, but you can use giftwrap...there are so many pretty ones available!

Now that the bars are all neatly wrapped, it's time to make a label.

I'm using navy sticker paper and a white pen to write the name (I'm using "Handmade Chocolate" for now) and the ingredient list. It's also good to write a "Best Before" date.

Stick the label on! This is the front side.

And the back side.

almonds, mission figs, walnuts, sea salt

Here are my chocolate bars, ready to be given away...TADA!

2 comments:

  1. You've given me Christmas gift ideas! So pretty . . . almost too pretty to eat.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Priscilla! I can't believe it's that time of the year already!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!