15 October 2023

Cards with Windows

Hello and thank you for your visit today!

I regularly make birthday cards that I send out to the people I love. In previous posts, I made a greeting card with a food theme, a balloon theme, a butterfly theme, and floral theme

Handmade cards with a confetti window

I crafted new birthday cards and let me share with you how I made them.

Handmade cards with a confetti window

It all started with these plastic "windows" that I saved from various packages like make-up and sewing notions. I peeled off the cardboard backing and any loose paper on the sides.

Handmade cards with a confetti window

I like how they are raised. Instantly I thought, "Let's put something inside!"

Handmade cards with a confetti window

I took some cardstock.

Handmade cards with a confetti window

I chose a spot on the cardstock and traced around the plastic "window." Then I cut that part of the cardstock to fit my "window."

Handmade cards with a confetti window

With glue, I attached the "window" to the inner part of the card.


Handmade cards with a confetti window

I found an excuse to bring out the chunky glitter!


Handmade cards with a confetti window

I put about a teaspoon-worth of glitter.

Handmade cards with a confetti window

Then I added some confetti hearts, made with a heart-shaped craft punch and cardstock.

Handmade cards with a confetti window

I prepared this card that contains a greeting and also works to seal the "window."

Handmade cards with a confetti window

I attached the cardboard backing to the cardstock with more glue.

Handmade cards with a confetti window

Then I embellished the card with paint and more confetti.

Handmade cards with a confetti window

The words *magically* disappear when you shake around the confetti. It's almost like a snow globe but without the liquid...TADA! 

Handmade cards with a confetti window

Here's another version. I can't wait to write in them and send them out!


Handmade cards with a confetti window

I didn't forget a stamp and signature to show it's handmade!

Handmade cards with a confetti window

That is how I transformed discarded packaging and blank cards from blah to TADA! 

If you'd like more crafty ideas delivered to your inbox, please subscribe here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!