10 December 2023

Turn Cancelled Postage Stamps into Gift Tags

Hello! Do you enjoy receiving Christmas cards as much as I do?


Every year, I collect all the cards I receive. As I've mentioned in this post, I punch a hole on the corner, gather them on a book ring, label them with the year, and then I put them in a plastic storage bin. 

I usually shred the envelopes as a safety precaution (since names and addresses are printed on them) and also to save on storage space. 


But a pang of guilt arrives when I see these pretty postage stamps. How could I shred Saint Nicholas or The Mother and Child? That would instantly put me in Santa's "Naughty List"!

So I cut out the postage stamps and used them to make some crafts: 


I made these gift tags...TADA!

Here's how:


I used some blank tags (you can make your own using card stock) and the other parts of the envelope like the area with patterns and shiny foil. 


I made a collage using the strips of paper and attached them to the tags with glue.


Using seasonal stamps and an ink pad, I printed these messages on the clean side of the envelope. I tried to keep my waste to a minimum...TADA!  

Then I added the messages on the gift tags with more glue:




No need to shop for gift tags! Why buy when we can D.I.Y.?


Handmade gift tags using cancelled stamps, Handmade gift tags using cancelled postage stamps

You can use this idea to make other gift tags depending on the postage stamps you have on hand: hearts for Valentine's, spring flowers for birthdays, or trains/vehicles to say "Bon Voyage."

Here are other ways I've used cancelled postage stamps for crafting:

postage stamps turned into magnets, turn postage stamps to magnets, DIY magnets, blah to TADA!

To make fridge magnets...TADA!

blah to TADA!

To embellish a plain paperclip tray...TADA!

gift wrapping with twine, kraft paper, postage stamps, brown paper packages tied up with string, blah to TADA!

To decorate brown paper package tied up with string...TADA!

Snow White, The Simpsons, The very Hungry Caterpillar, Aladdin and the Genie, Spideman, Plastic Man, Gingerbread House

And to turn a plastic box from blah to TADA!

What are the creative ways you've used cancelled postage stamps? Let me know!
   
If you'd like more crafty ideas delivered to your inbox, please subscribe here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!