06 August 2023

A Farmer's Market-inspired Gift Bag

What a pleasure to see you!

Today, I am inspired by the farmer's market:

farmer's market, fruits and vegetables, squash, apples, blah to TADA

Produce of every kind and color

farmer's market, fruits and vegetables, plants, flowers, succulents, blah to TADA

Plants, flowers and little potted succulents

farmer's market, fruits and vegetables, carrots, blah to TADA

Fresh ingredients to turn into meals

Samascott Farms, farmer's market, fruits and vegetables, apples, blah to TADA

Apples to eat as is or put into a pie

farmer's market, fruits and vegetables, tomatoes, blah to TADA

Tiny tomatoes to add to a salad

farmer's market, fruits and vegetables, peaches, blah to TADA

Peaches to grill or make into jam

farmer's market, fruits and vegetables, jam, preserves, blah to TADA

A trip to the farmer's market brings me so much joy! That is why I'm using what I've seen in today's craft.

cookies, Tate's cookies, cookie packaging, blah to TADA, handmade gift bag, DIY gift bag, farmer's market-inspired gift bag 

This is an empty bag of cookies. As you've seen in my past projects such as biscuit and mint tins, tea and pasta boxes, I like to save the packaging and turn them from blah to TADA! 

cookies, Tate's cookies, cookie packaging, blah to TADA, handmade gift bag, DIY gift bag, balloon punch, balloon cutouts

Just by painting the bag and gluing on balloon cutouts, it now has new life as a gift bag...TADA!

cookies, Tate's cookies, cookie packaging, blah to TADA, handmade gift bag, DIY gift bag, farmer's market-inspired gift bag, watercolor, paintbrush

I used the same technique on another bag -- I covered it with three coats of yellow acrylic paint (allowing the paint to dry in between). 

cookies, Tate's cookies, cookie packaging, blah to TADA, handmade gift bag, DIY gift bag, farmer's market-inspired gift bag, watercolor, water brush

Then I sketched some fruits and veggies, the same ones I saw at the farmer's market.

cookies, Tate's cookies, cookie packaging, blah to TADA, handmade gift bag, DIY gift bag, farmer's market-inspired gift bag, paint, upcycle, recycle

I used a mix of watercolor and gouache to add color, light and shade.

cookies, Tate's cookies, cookie packaging, blah to TADA, handmade gift bag, DIY gift bag, farmer's market-inspired gift bag

A handmade gift bag that I can fill with baked treats or hostess gifts -- that's how I turned an empty cookie bag from blah to TADA!

I hope your day trips will inspire you to make something for you and for all you love. If you'd like more ideas like this, please subscribe here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!