14 April 2024

Painting on a Glass Bottle

Howdy folks!

It's been said that to improve your craft, you have to practice. One of my chosen crafts is painting and I like to practice in a sketchbook. But I've tried painting on the cover of notebooks, on greeting cards, and on tin containers, too. 

I attempt to paint on any surface, including this one:

recycle, upcycle, uses for old bottles, DIY vase, acrylic paint, Craft smart paint, flowers, daffodils

It's a maple syrup bottle. I just love the shape! Once empty, I cleaned it and removed all the sticky labels.

blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Here's one trick I use to easily get the sticky stuff out: Goo Gone. I apply a small amount on a rag and scrub off the goo on the surface of my bottle. I wash the bottle again with warm soapy water to remove any residue. Then I let it dry.

recycle, upcycle, uses for old bottles, DIY vase, acrylic paint, Craft smart paint, flowers, daffodils

I drew my design on the surface of the maple syrup bottle using a water-based marker.

flowers, spring, yellow flowers, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Because it's springtime, I'll be including these forsythia blooms...

flowers, spring, pink flowers, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

As well as these cherry blossoms.

Craft smart paint, paintbrush, paint, palette, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I'm using a selection of acrylic paint that I squeezed into a small palette.

Craft smart paint, paintbrush, paint, palette, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I added color on the forsythia and its leaves using a small paintbrush.

forsythia, cherry blossoms, acrylic paint, Craft smart paint, paintbrush, paint, palette, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Then I free-styled the cherry blossoms.

forsythia, cherry blossoms, acrylic paint, Craft smart paint, paintbrush, paint, palette, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I let the paint dry and added one or two more coats of paint where I thought needed it. Allow this to completely dry.

recycle, upcycle, uses for old bottles, daffodils, DIY vase, forsythia, cherry blossoms, acrylic paint, Craft smart paint, paintbrush, paint, palette, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

A new look for an empty maple syrup bottle...TADA!

Use it in your workspace or surprise a favorite co-worker with some blooms arranged in this DIY vase. It will surely turn her day from "blah to TADA!"

If you'd like more crafty ideas delivered to your inbox, please subscribe here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!