02 June 2024

Five Things for June

Let's hear it for the month of June!

beach, sand, shorts, beach day, Spring Lake, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

June means road trips and weekends at the beach. The wind in my face, the scent of sunblock and salt water, and the warmth of sunshine really turn regular days from blah to TADA! 

paintbrush, other uses for a paintbrush, beach bag, beach hacks, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Whenever I go to the beach, I make sure to bring a paintbrush. I use it to brush off the sand that sticks to the beach chairs, umbrella, and folding beach table that we take with us. It works on sandy flip-flops, too. This little hack minimizes the amount of sand in the car when we load all of our beach things...TADA! 

hand towel, face towel, handkerchief, alternative to paper towels, fabric, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Back in the day, ladies and gents would take a handkerchief with them for various purposes, from dabbing sweat to wiping away the tears. I've made it a habit to take a small towel in my bag. These ones are thin but very absorbent. I use them to dry my hands (I've never been a fan of the hand dryers in public restrooms). I love that they are reusable -- no need for paper towels. Small steps like this are very helpful to the environment...TADA!  

online art classes, Becca Courtice, Happy Ever Crafter, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Summer for me also means learning something new and having time for creative endeavors. For the past several years, I've been attending Workshop Week, a series of free online art classes. This photo shows the dance party on the last day (these are just some of the many instructors). I highly recommend it! Workshop Week is scheduled on June 3 to 7 and you can find more details here...TADA!

greeting cards for Father's Day, Father's Day ideas, Father's Day gifts, blah to TADA, Hallmark, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Father's Day is also this June (June 16) and if you're looking for craft ideas for the dad in your life, you can find some here, here, and here.  Happy Father's Day to all fathers and father-figures...thank you for all that you do to turn our lives from blah to TADA!

Wherever adventures take you this June, may they be fun and fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!