23 August 2026

Houses Made Out of Salt Dough

Hey guys! 

Last week, I talked about doll houses. Can we stay on the topic of houses? You don't mind, do you?

window display, Fishs Eddy, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I've been thinking about houses/home and how blessed I am to have one. I never take it for granted.

salt dough, salt dough crafts, house cookie cutters, cookie cutter, magnets, houses, paint, paintbrush, fridge magnets, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I made these little houses using salt dough and a cookie cutter. After baking them in the oven and letting them cool, I added a coat of white paint to each one. 

salt dough, salt dough crafts, house cookie cutters, cookie cutter, magnets, houses, paint, paintbrush, fridge magnets, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Once dry, I sketched my little dream cottage.

salt dough, salt dough crafts, house cookie cutters, cookie cutter, magnets, houses, paint, paintbrush, fridge magnets, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

This one's got a red roof, a blue door, and a cute plant.

salt dough, salt dough crafts, house cookie cutters, cookie cutter, magnets, houses, paint, paintbrush, fridge magnets, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

This one has a more laidback vibe in pastel shades.

salt dough, salt dough crafts, house cookie cutters, cookie cutter, magnets, houses, paint, paintbrush, fridge magnets, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Adding a bit more detail. 

salt dough, salt dough crafts, house cookie cutters, cookie cutter, magnets, houses, paint, paintbrush, fridge magnets, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

This one looks like a storybook house.

salt dough, salt dough crafts, house cookie cutters, cookie cutter, magnets, houses, paint, paintbrush, fridge magnets, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I attached some magnets at the back of the houses so that I can use them on the fridge or on a magnetic board. A glue gun helps secure the magnets in place. 

salt dough, salt dough crafts, house cookie cutters, cookie cutter, magnets, houses, paint, paintbrush, fridge magnets, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Here are my house-shaped magnets, an easy craft for kids and adults.

And that is how I turned salt dough from blah to TADA!


*****
You may subscribe here if you'd like my future blog posts delivered straight to your inbox and you can follow me on Instagram for more crafty ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!