Over the years, I've collected seashells during visits to the beach. I've used them to make jewelry and holiday ornaments and they instantly take me back to the ocean even in the off season.
I even took an interest in these imperfect-shaped ones -- broken seashells, the rough edges smoothened by the waves over time. They are just waiting to be the star of a craft project.
One summer at the Jersey Shore, our vacation rental had this wall decoration in the bedroom.
There was also another one in the kitchen. I love the simplicity and muted tones that mimic the sand on the seashore. The organic shape of each ceramic tile added a uniqueness to each wall hanging.
Maybe I can create something similar with my broken shells? Let's find out:
Aside from the seashells, I'm also using pebbles that I picked-up from the shore.
I'm using thin yarn (two strands, each measuring 24 inches) to string together the shells and stones.
I started by knotting one end of the yarn. The loop will serve as the hanging device.
Add the stones and the shells alternately, tying a double knot in between each addition.
I still had a lot of yarn...
So I added more shells!
Here is my seashell wall decor...TADA! To keep the shells and stones from falling off, you can add hot glue at the back side, directly on the yarn.
And that is how I turned my seashell and beach rock collection from blah to TADA!
*****
You may subscribe here if you'd like my future blog posts delivered straight to your inbox and you can follow me on Instagram for more crafty ideas.











No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are very much appreciated!