20 September 2026

Painted Paper Projects

I'm pretty excited with today's craft because anyone can do it. Let's begin!  

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

We will turn a brown paper bag from blah to...

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

...TADA! Our very own gift wrap!

Simply paint the brown paper bag in any color you want. I used acrylic paint (orange with streaks of yellow) and a big paint brush. Cover the entire sheet and let the paint dry. Then paint on a motif that you like: robots, hats, fruits, hearts, or rainbows. Of course I chose flowers!

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I painted different kinds of flowers and used different colors for variety.

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I also experimented with using just white paint. Once I filled the paper with my design, I left the paper to dry.  

Here are some of the things I made using my gift wrap:

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I made an envelope...TADA! I used this template kit or you can make your own using this tutorial

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Here's a closer look.

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Here's the flip side. Cute, right?

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I made a smaller envelope, still using one of the templates in the kit

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Two envelopes I can use for my letters and birthday cards...TADA!

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I'm saving this sheet to wrap a small gift. 

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

I can also trim the flowers to use as fodder to decorate my art journal, scrapbook, and gift boxes...TADA!

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

For the paper remnants, I won't waste them! Using a paper punch, I made these confetti hearts...TADA!

Painted paper, brown paper bag, confetti, confetti hearts, paper punch, hole punch, handmade stationery, envelope, DIY envelopes, envelope template, Paper Source, gouache paint, fodder, floral, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

And for even the smaller paper scraps, I used a hole punch to make more confetti...TADA!

That is how I turned a brown paper bag from blah to TADA!

*****
You may subscribe here if you'd like my future blog posts delivered straight to your inbox and you can follow me on Instagram for more crafty ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!