Do you like to shop on-line?
If you do, maybe a box like this one looks familiar. To turn it from blah to TADA!, I would collapse it and store it in a closet. When it's time to send a package, I take the box out of hiding, and re-use it for mailing.
But today, I have another idea. I'm turning this box into a cute storage solution.
Here's another blah that I'm using for my project. It's a picnic mat that has been used and abused, on grass and on sand. It's seen better days. Right now, it's ripped at the seams.
I could send it to early retirement, but hey, it deserves a little TADA! time. So I've cut it up into strips.
I'll treat it like fabric and wrap it around my box.
Attach the trimmed mat to the box with hot glue.
Looking good already.
I added an inner lining made from a dish cloth,
sewn at the edges. TADA!
Who would guess that this was once a blah packaging box?
I'm ready to use this box in different ways:
- Kitchen: to organize deli containers & matching lids
- Bathroom: to hold rolls of toilet paper or hair primping supplies (ex. hair dryer, curling iron, hair brushes, hair spray, headbands)
- Closet: to keep small items like socks, scarves or winter gloves together
- Laundry: a place to temporarily store items that need mending
- Office: an "in box" to hold mail that needs attention
Now that I have many uses for this box, I think I'll make a few more!