05 August 2019

Print on Print

Hello everyone! Maybe you have a few books that you want to get rid of? We can, of course, donate them to a thrift store, used book store, or set-up a Little Free Library in the neighborhood. 

We can use them for crafting! Let me show you some inspiration:

I found this poster and many others like it at a bookshop in Portland, Maine. They are made by a company called Vintage Dictionary Art using authentic Webster Dictionary pages. I think they make thoughtful gifts to book lovers and writers...TADA!

These adorable animal portraits are painted on old book pages. They are mounted on wood and are ready to hang. I spotted them at The Country Living Fair a few years ago.

I also found these at The Country Living Fair. The old book pages are used only as part of the packaging for the actual product (book marks/gift tags). But I like how the shop owner used this little detail to enhance her products and display.

Here are a few crafts that I made using old books:

I tore a page from an old book and folded it into a paper bag. I added a bird stamp and tied on some twine to turn it from blah to TADA!


This one is from the blog archives. It's a gift wrapping idea using an old printed page as a "belt". I think it adds another layer of visual interest.


Another one from the blog archives: I painted my friend's initial on a page from an old book. I framed it and it became a simple, handmade gift...TADA!

Here's another one from the blog archives where I dressed up a handmade bookmark with washi tape, stamps, and old book pages. 

With these in mind, you're ready to turn your old books from blah to TADA! Please share with me what you make, okay?

2 comments:

  1. These are fun ideas. I especially like the bird-stamped book page bag! I'm totally going to try it next time I have a small gift to wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Priscilla! I can't wait to see what you make! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!