07 September 2020

Salt Dough Earrings

Hi guys! Thank you for coming to hang out today.

A few weeks ago, I was playing around with salt dough to make jewelry like pendants and charms for beaded bracelets. I have some salt dough left over to make another project.

If you haven't worked with salt dough, it's like clay that you shape and bake in the oven for the pieces to harden. You'll find the recipe for salt dough here, as well as the step-by-step instructions.

I always keep salt dough in a tightly-sealed container so it doesn't dry out. When it's time to use it, just roll it out to a 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface to keep the dough from sticking.

I used a small cookie cutter to shape the dough. 

With a toothpick, I made holes where I would put the jewelry findings. 

Put these on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Bake for two hours in a 250 degree Fahrenheit oven.  

After baking, they look like this.

I added earring hooks and embellished with tassels.  

And here we have handmade earrings that you can wear or give away...TADA!


2 comments:

  1. Aw, they're adorable and totally customizable. Thanks for the tutorial.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Priscilla for always leaving me such encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!