18 August 2024

Brown Paper Bags as a Canvas for Collage

I love that you're here with me today!

I'm very pleased that plastic bags and containers have been banned in many places. Stopping their use is a big step in protecting the environment and has encouraged more people to bring their own reusable bags.

In restaurants and shops, it's back to paper bags:


I've collected a stack in my cabinet and I can't help but think, "How can I turn these from blah to TADA!?"

brown paper bag, paper bag, gift bag, gift wrapping, collage, rubber stamps, ink pad, packing tape transfer, scrapbook paper, roses, celebrate, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Remember this paper bag that I transformed using collage, rubber stamps, and packing tape transfers? It's such an easy way to give a brown paper bag new life, plus it's an efficient way to use up paper scraps. 

With the same technique, here's how I dressed up a few other brown paper bags:


This brown paper bag collage has a summer theme using pink, mint green, and gray as the central colors. I used scrapbook paper remnants and security envelopes for the collage. Peony and fern rubber stamps, plus butterfly cutouts add to the soft nature-theme...TADA!


This brown paper bag collage uses two elements: circles made from security envelopes (made with a round craft punch) and patterned butterflies (also made with a butterfly craft punch and magazine pages). I played with symmetry and color...TADA! 


This brown paper bag collage is based on a travel theme: scrapbook paper, washi tape, ephemera and rubber stamps provide the wanderlust...TADA!


Finally, this brown paper bag collage gets its color from painted paper and magazine pages. A simple rubber stamp contributes to the celebratory theme...TADA!

Brown paper bags are the best canvas to experiment. You can try out paint, markers, washi tape, and seasonal cut-outs to turn them from "blah to TADA!"

Would you like more crafty ideas delivered to your inbox? You may subscribe here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!